Bankruptcy filings detail FEGS descent

This blog has absolutely no connection with management (H.S.I. or Kenmore Associates, LP); it is strictly by and for the tenants of the building, and is meant to help promote information and resources that are useful to tenants. DISCLAIMER! PLEASE NOTE: We are not lawyers. None of the information posted here is intended as legal advice. If you need legal advice, please consult a lawyer.
|
Click here to stop receiving our emails.
I noticed an article in the Sunday, March 29 2015 New York Post by Kathianne Boniello. Kenmore Hall tenants make it into the local news!
'Satanic MTA Out To Kill!'
Train Kook's Claim
By Kathianne Boniello
It's the D train as in devil.
A train operator of 14 years has filed a lawsuit against the MTA alleging it engaged in "satanic terroristic criminality" by sending bosses to "terrorize" and "assault" him.
Brian Burke, 53, who was demoted last year to station agent trainee, claims in the suit that the MTA intended to "endanger every soul on the train and on the track" in April 2014 when its inspectors entered his train to see whether he was wearing corrective lenses.
The Manhattan man, who filed the suit in Brooklyn federal court last week without a lawyer, has railed against his bosses before.
He has filed suits and claims against the MTA and Census Bureau, arguing they discriminated against him because he is white, Irish Catholic, and "photophobic", or sensitive to light.
In the latest suit, he says the MTA is trying to kill him, in part, because he griped when ordered not to wear baseball caps and to clean moldy food from a break-room refrigerator.
"I believe I may be in mortal danger," Burke writes, likening himself to the Rev. Al Sharpton, who claimed to be an FBI informant against the mob.
"Rev. Sharpton was accused of 'ratting out the mob' and I maybe (sic) justly accused of 'ratting out the MTA.' I believe the MTA may be more dangerous. There is (sic) 600 volts, high structure, 600-ton trains and an infinite way to be murdered or 'suicided'.
Transit sources say his previous wacky claims have been shot down by courts or the Public Employee Relations Board. The board rejected his claim that he was assaulted by a boss in 2007.
Burke had refused to remove his tinted glasses at a 2014 PERB hearing, prompting supervisors to check on him last April, a source said.
He was making $70,000 a year as an operator, but when he failed in his bid to get worker's comp for the April "assault", the MTA gave him a choice - quit or get off the gravy train, a source said.
Burke is now training to be a station agent, a job with an annual salary of $54,000.
He has called the MTA "The Invisible Empire" and compared it to the KKK.
He tried suing the Census after it laid him off in 2000, but a court tossed the case.
Burke's latest suit seeks back pay and unspecified damages.
Friday, March 20, 2015
THANK YOU, MTA, FOR STICKING IT TO POOR PEOPLE CITY WIDE!
This weekend, transit fares will go up a quarter to $2.75.
They claim that the fare hike is necessary in order to maintain the financial health of the MTA. (And what does that do for MY financial health?)
And they wonder why people try to beat fares... (not that I'm advocating fare beating... just sayin')